opinion on which software RAID to use

Rink Springer rink at il.fontys.nl
Thu Mar 2 19:32:25 UTC 2006

Hi Vivek,

> Any opinions on which has both qualities: easy to configure/manage
> (ie, recover after failure) and performance?  The handbook RAID page
> doesn't even mention gmirror.  The atacontrol seems very simple to
> use, at least.

I've had very good results with gmirror. It's very easy to set up,
performance is good (didn't really benchmark it though) and recovering
faulty drives is easy to do. Never had a problem with it ...

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
  "Richter: Tribute? You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!