6.1-R ? 6-Stable ? 5.5-R ?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Jun 9 07:46:21 UTC 2006

Yes -- "with some trouble", as he wrote.  :-)

 > > Of course, there might be good reasons to run RELENG_6
 > > anyway, in case that significant NFS fixes have gone in
 > > after the release (which I'm not aware of).  But that
 > > decision is up to Albert himself.
 >
 > Actually if i remember right the NFS fix are gone in the RELENG_6 and
 > not in RELENG_6_1

What do you mean, "the" NFS fix?

Several fixes were comitted before the release, so they're
in RELENG_6_1, of course.  I don't know if any important
fixes were comitted after the release, and if so, whether
they are related to Albert's problem.

He wrote that he would prefer to avoid RELENG_6 on his
production server, therefore my recommendation was to give
RELENG_6_1 a try (whose purpose is exactly to be used in
situations like this).  Chances are that his machine will
become more stable.

Best regards
   Oliver

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.  However, this
is not necessarily a good idea.  It is hard to be sure where
they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting
under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925