dhclient in 6.0

Matt Dawson matt at mattsnetwork.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 03:12:20 PST 2006

On Monday 06 February 2006 10:04, you wrote:
> The thing I found with DDNS was getting the darn client to return the
> correct hostname.  For some reason, without setting it in
> dhclient.conf, the DNS would not update, even if I have configured
> the DHCP server to do the updates.

Yep, AOL. This was the case with the ISC client, too. I have always thought
being able to use such trickery as

send host-name `hostname -s`;

would be quite useful, especially for those of us who distribute configuration
files with rsync and similar. In fact, it would be quite a useful default for
dhclient.
--
Matt Dawson.

matt at mattsnetwork.co.uk