6.1 prerelease graid3 livelock?

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 24 13:57:40 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 12:04:33PM -0700, Bradley W. Dutton wrote:
+> Hi,
+>
+> I'm experiencing a sort of livelock on a 6.1 prerelease box. It appears
+> all  of the IO related activity hangs but the box continues to do
+> routing/NAT/etc  for internet access from my other boxes. I can usually
+> get the lockup to occur within about 12 hours of booting.
+>
+> I've narrowed down the commits to those on March 20 (kernel before then
+> works, kernel after then causes problems) and I think the problem is
+> geom/raid related. Besides a small gmirrored root partition the rest of my
+> partitions are all graid3. I'm not sure what information to provide to
+> help troubleshoot but I'm happy to do what's needed.
+>
+> On an unrelated note the rebuild speed was about 50% faster on my box when
+> using the new geom/raid code introduced on March 20th.

Can you break into DDB (alt+ctrl+esc or send break via serial console)
and send me the output of 'traceall' command?