FreeBSD 6.0 panics - sbdrop

Konstantin Saurbier saurbier at math.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Apr 13 15:04:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:12:41 +0200
Rutger Bevaart <rutger.bevaart at illian-networks.nl> wrote:

> Maybe your reboots are related to a problem I had with several Dell
> 1750's and 2850's.
>
> I added:
> > [rutger at darwin rutger]$ cat /boot/loader.conf
> > debug.mpsafenet=0
>
> to some of the affected systems and they have not crashed yet in
> about 8 days. Your dump seems to indicate a failure somewhere in
> netinet code, maybe it's locking related as well...

(...)

Thanks, I added debug.mpsafenet=0 to my loader.conf and hopefully that
helps.
Maybe the system will at least get a longer uptime between crashes. Of
course I dislike kernel panics at all, but once a crash between a few
weeks or months is far better than the current situation.
--

Best regards,

Konstantin Saurbier

Konstantin Saurbier                Tel.: 0521 106 3861
Computerlabor Mathematik                        U5-138
Universitaet Bielefeld             Universitaetsstr.25
33501 Bielefeld
email:                  saurbier at math.uni-bielefeld.de