Xorg hang on recent 6.1 build

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Thu Apr 6 08:22:45 UTC 2006

I cvsuped RELENG_6 and went through the usual motions to make the world,
kernel and install them. Everything was ok until I rebooted and started
KDE and the x-session stopped. I could login for other computers and
xorg was using 97% of the cpu.

After rebooting it 2x and using root the 2nd time and still have it
hang. I did a diff of GENRIC and RUBY. GENERIC had the new kbdmux
parameter. After I rebuilt the kernel and booted to it, I haven't had
any problems using the machine.

If not adding kbdmux to the kernel config file can hang the user's
x-session, I think some sort of warning should be added to UPDATING.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA