Disappointed

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Wed Apr 5 20:37:45 UTC 2006

 Le 05/04/2006 à 16:21:00-0400, Kris Kennaway a écrit
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 10:15:00PM +0200, Albert Shih wrote:

> > > You forgot to provide pointers to your PRs.
> >
> > Well... I don't have make it because I can reproduce him. Last week I think
> > this bug come when heavy load on network interface. Well I make very big
> > read/write over nfs...and nothing...everthing work fine.
> > Today It's not a ?big? day and the server crash (and I even can't log in
> > console, need hard-reboot and big fsck).
> >
> > You think It's better I make a PR ? (and my english is very bad...)
>
> As a general rule: unless you can explain your problem in sufficient
> detail, preferably including either how to reproduce it, or at least
> an exact description of what happens when it fails, it's unlikely that
> anyone can help you.

OK I just do it. I just hope the maintainer can understand me...

> As a first step: you say your server crashed.  Did it panic?  Do you
> have debugging settings (INVARIANTS, WITNESS) enabled?  Do you have
> DDB enabled?  Read through the chapter on kernel debugging in the
> developers' handbook and reconfigure your kernel accordingly, then
> proceed from there.

Well it's no so easy. I can try but there least 600 users waiting the big
fsck when the server crash. I'm not sure I can spend many time to try
this.. But I promise you I will try.

Regards.

NB: Why this kind of problem can happen ? I ask this because until 6. I
never have this kind of problem.
--
Albert SHIH
Universite de Paris 7 (Denis DIDEROT)