Can't mount encrypted drive

Nikolay Mirin nik at optim.com.ru
Sat Apr 1 02:53:21 UTC 2006

Well, then the only idea I have from my own experience, that either key file
/etc/gbde/ad0s2c, or the whole disk partition are corrupted.
If you have a backup of /etc/gbde/ad0s2c, I'd try it.
Also checking disk surface may not hurt.

Did the problem emerge after the upgrade or just from like nowhere?

It seems to me, that you may not have gbde support activated in you kernel.
I'd double check on that too.

I am using gbde intensively, but all partitions I have are located on physically
mirrored or RAID-5 disks.
I never had such problems for almost then a year of production servers up and running.
I mean like one beautiful morning it won't attach for any reason.

But once the filesystem was badly corrupted, but I dumped it and then rebuilt from the scratch.
Lots of inodes were lost, but they were not critical and most of missing files were in the latest backup anyway.