Boot loader cant identify ntfs?

Matthias Buelow mkb at incubus.de
Wed May 18 16:44:07 PDT 2005

Doug White wrote:

> Then the space problem just migrates.  There's a limited amount of space
> in the disklabel for bootblocks and I think we're pushing that.

Errm. /boot/loader doesn't reside in the 2nd stage, does it?
I mean, there is a boot menu (the Forth-run thing with the ASCII
daemon).  If that's running in protected mode already, then one could
jump back to real mode and boot into the selected disk/partition from
there.  I can't really see the problem?

Alternatively, I'd just not display the ?? for "unrecognized"
partitions.  Just present the disk/partition choice with perhaps the
FreeBSD partitions marked and the others unmarked.  But "??" really
looks like an error (and while at that, remove that horrible *BEEEEEEP*
please).

mkb.