kern/67636 PR again?

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Sat Mar 5 07:50:16 GMT 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Rostislav Krasny wrote:

> Hello there.
>
> Although the kern/67636 PR was closed before FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE,
> I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on my FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5:
>
> saturn# ls -al /boot/kernel/ipl.ko
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  92883 Jan 17 12:18 /boot/kernel/ipl.ko
> saturn# kldload -v /boot/kernel/ipl.ko
> kldload: can't load /boot/kernel/ipl.ko: No such file or directory
> saturn# dmesg | tail -1
> link_elf: symbol in6_cksum undefined
>
> And following is the contents of my kernel build configuration file.
> As you can see I've disabled INET6 but enabled IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT
> for some other use. Before trying ipl I was using ipfw with natd.

... and ipl, as configured stock, requires INET6. Compile your kernel with
INET6 or manually compile the ipfilter module to remove the requirement:

cd /sys/modules/ipfilter
make cleandir
make obj
make -DNOINET6
make install

You'll have to do this anytime you rebuild your kernel, unless you add a
line to /etc/make.conf like

NOINET6=yes

but I'm not sure what effect that will have on other code.