kern/67636 PR again?

Rostislav Krasny rosti.bsd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:35:09 GMT 2005

Hello there.

Although the kern/67636 PR was closed before FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE,
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on my FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5:

saturn# ls -al /boot/kernel/ipl.ko
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  92883 Jan 17 12:18 /boot/kernel/ipl.ko
saturn# kldload -v /boot/kernel/ipl.ko
kldload: can't load /boot/kernel/ipl.ko: No such file or directory
saturn# dmesg | tail -1
link_elf: symbol in6_cksum undefined

And following is the contents of my kernel build configuration file.
As you can see I've disabled INET6 but enabled IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT
for some other use. Before trying ipl I was using ipfw with natd.

machine		i386
cpu		I586_CPU
cpu             I686_CPU
ident		MYKERNEL

options 	SCHED_4BSD		# 4BSD scheduler
options 	INET			# InterNETworking
options 	FFS			# Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options 	SOFTUPDATES		# Enable FFS soft updates support
options 	UFS_ACL			# Support for access control lists
options 	UFS_DIRHASH		# Improve performance on big directories
options 	MD_ROOT			# MD is a potential root device
options 	NFSCLIENT		# Network Filesystem Client
options 	NFSSERVER		# Network Filesystem Server
options 	NFS_ROOT		# NFS usable as /, requires NFSCLIENT
options 	MSDOSFS			# MSDOS Filesystem
options 	CD9660			# ISO 9660 Filesystem
options 	PROCFS			# Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options 	PSEUDOFS		# Pseudo-filesystem framework
options 	GEOM_GPT		# GUID Partition Tables.
options 	COMPAT_43		# Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options 	COMPAT_FREEBSD4		# Compatible with FreeBSD4
options 	SCSI_DELAY=15000	# Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options 	KTRACE			# ktrace(1) support
options 	SYSVSHM			# SYSV-style shared memory
options 	SYSVMSG			# SYSV-style message queues
options 	SYSVSEM			# SYSV-style semaphores
options 	_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time
extensions
options 	KBD_INSTALL_CDEV	# install a CDEV entry in /dev
options 	AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT	# Print register bitfields in debug
					# output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
options 	AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT	# Print register bitfields in debug
					# output.  Adds ~215k to driver.
options 	ADAPTIVE_GIANT		# Giant mutex is adaptive.

options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall
options         IPDIVERT                #divert sockets

device		apic		# I/O APIC

# Bus support.  Do not remove isa, even if you have no isa slots
device		isa
device		pci

# Floppy drives
device		fdc

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device		ata
device		atadisk		# ATA disk drives
device		atapicd		# ATAPI CDROM drives
options 	ATA_STATIC_ID	# Static device numbering

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device		atkbdc		# AT keyboard controller
device		atkbd		# AT keyboard
device		psm		# PS/2 mouse

device		vga		# VGA video card driver

device		splash		# Splash screen and screen saver support

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device		sc

# Enable this for the pcvt (VT220 compatible) console driver
#device		vt
#options 	XSERVER		# support for X server on a vt console
#options 	FAT_CURSOR	# start with block cursor

device		agp		# support several AGP chipsets

# Floating point support - do not disable.
device		npx

# Power management support (see NOTES for more options)
#device		apm
# Add suspend/resume support for the i8254.
device		pmtimer

# Serial (COM) ports
device		sio		# 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports

# Parallel port
device		ppc
device		ppbus		# Parallel port bus (required)
device		lpt		# Printer
device		ppi		# Parallel port interface device
#device		vpo		# Requires scbus and da

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these
# NICs!
device		miibus		# MII bus support
device		xl		# 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')

# ISA Ethernet NICs.  pccard NICs included.
# 'device ed' requires 'device miibus'
device		ed		# NE[12]000, SMC Ultra, 3c503, DS8390 cards

# Pseudo devices.
device		loop		# Network loopback
device		mem		# Memory and kernel memory devices
device		io		# I/O device
device		random		# Entropy device
device		ether		# Ethernet support
device		ppp		# Kernel PPP
device		tun		# Packet tunnel.
device		pty		# Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device		md		# Memory "disks"
device		gif		# IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling
device		faith		# IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying (translation)

# The `bpf' device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
device		bpf		# Berkeley packet filter