DMA errors with SATA on 5.x [one fix]/ SATA DVD+RW

Søren Schmidt sos at DeepCore.dk
Thu Dec 9 12:50:15 PST 2004

Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> Sren Schmidt <sos at DeepCore.dk> probably said:
>
>>SATA ATAPI devices are not supported yet.
>>
>>There are a few gotcha's though. Not all SATA controllers does support
>>SATA ATAPI even if out driver would, so its a mixed blessing for now.
>>Anyhow, as soon as I can get my hands on a SATA ATAPI device, be certain
>>that I'll get support in there
>
> If it's something you'd like to work on I'd happily put some money
> towards sending a drive in your direction...

I'm going to work on it soon thats for sure, however I have lots on the
burner currently so its no rush. However all kinds of (S)ATA/ATAPI gear
is always most welcome here in the lab, the levels of support I can
provide is directly proportional to the amount of HW I have access to :)

--

-Søren