firewall + english

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at xevious.kicks-ass.net
Thu Dec 18 11:54:06 PST 2003

On Thursday 2003 December 18 12:56, nico wrote:
> hi,
> ok, i don't speak very good.
> I'd like to install a DMZ with firewall, wab server, mail server.
> I've got 2 marchins:
> - pc 166 hp avec 2G DD
> - pc AMD 2Ghz avec 120 G DD.
> Questions:
> - which version of freebsd can i install on pc 166 ?
>  Can i install mail server on my pc 166 ?

Assuming this is a Pentium 166 (or similar) you're talking about, I
don't see any reason why you couldn't run FreeBSD on it. I personally
prefer to run firewalls on OpenBSD, but I could easily run FreeBSD on
it instead.

I wouldn't try to run a huge mailing list on that kind of computer, but
for a low-volume mail and web server and firewall it should be fine.

--
Shawn K. Quinn