Bug in g++ 2.95.4 (Pointer to member functions)

Gregory Bond gnb at itga.com.au
Tue Apr 29 18:13:54 PDT 2003

pmarquis at pobox.com said:
> I think your public methods for the class Class should be static.

Well, you could make them static but that changes the meaning of the program.
The original was a valid (if unusual) design and should be accepted by the
compiler.

The compiler is not maintained by FreeBSD, so C++ bugs should be reported to
the egcs web page.  But I suspect they'll say "fixed in egcs 3.x" so there's
probably not much that can be done for FreeBSD 4 other than install and use the
gcc33 port for your application (and all the libraries linked with it!)

Greg.