Annother Wireless network card annother problem

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Sun Apr 20 22:05:45 PDT 2003

On Monday 14 April 2003 16:52, vizion communication wrote:
> OK What client cards do work?
> For each of the following:
>
> 802.11a

Don't have any.

> 802.11b

I have a NetGear MA401RA and a NetGear MR814 Router/Firewall/Access Point.
They work quite well together.  I also have a Lucent Orinoco Silver PCCard
and a Belkin F5D6020 PCCard.  I don't use the Belkin much because my
battery life is noticeably shorter than with the NetGear card.

I have an Aironet 320 PCI card, but it's currently shelved.  It was my
access to the Internet for 2+ years, until November 2002.  Flawless.

> Media:
> PCI		Yes
> PCMCIA	Yes
> USB

Haven't tried one yet.  I hope they work, that would make networking even
itty bitty boxes pretty easy.

> OS:
> FreeBSD 4.7	Well, 4.8 now, but it was 4.7 for a while.
>
> Recomendations please

The other node on my wireless network at home is a Sharp Zaurus PDA
running Linux.  It has an AmbiCom CF 802.11b card that was recognized and
came up the first try with no futzing.  Now I just need to get a
SmartDigital memory card so I have enough storage space to sync my CRAZY
mail inbox onto it.  Augh!

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes at softweyr.com