What do you think of mergemaster -i option ?

Anton Zavrin antonzav at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 18 19:19:54 PDT 2003

Thank you so much !!!

Best Regards, Anton

-----Original Message-----
From: taxman [mailto:taxman at acd.net]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 7:07 PM
To: Anton Zavrin; freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: What do you think of mergemaster -i option ?

On Friday 18 April 2003 08:39 pm, Anton Zavrin wrote:
> Yeah, I don't have luck with mergemaster, may be after another 100
times
> I run it I will educate myself to properly use it.

Its not *that* bad.  I can still remember when I had no idea what to do
with
the pile of symbols it flew across the screen.  All you have to do is
write
down or take note of any of the files in /etc that you have modified
from the
defaults.  For every one of those, choose save for later.  For every
file
you've never modified, or is new, just go ahead and install it, the new
versions will be good for you.  :)

> So, would '-i' option help me to automate the process?

sure, that'll at least take care of all the new files for you.

Tim