linux vs. freebsd

Dave Stephens hsoftdev17 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 19:46:19 GMT 2004

I came from Mandrake Linux after a brief time on Red Hat and I have been
using FreeBSD for almost 2 years.  It's a very clean and stable system.  I
would never go back.

I run a dual CPU system on 4.9-STABLE with no problems too.  I've managed
uptimes of nearly 100 days on my SMP system so I would have to say it's very
stable.  (It runs several web domains, hosts the database for them, and
other things as well, so it's not like it just sits around doing nothing all
day. :)

Dave

----Original Message Follows----
FreeBSD 5.2.1 scales on dual CPUs just fine.. 4.x isnt quite as good.
Both versions will go to 8 CPUs if I recall correctly.

That being said, I have two dual CPU systems that I run here, and both run
4.9-STABLE with no problems.
I never notice any scalability issues.

Personally, I'll never go back to Linux.  I've been on FreeBSD for over a
year now, and I'm quite impressed and pleased with the OS and the
communtity.

Darin -