Problems booting 4.8R PicoBSD

Chuck T. freebsdfan at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 17 11:29:46 PDT 2003

I found my problem ... I was booting on card with a National Geode processor
(formally Cyrix GXm) and I didn't have a cpu I586_CPU line in my
configuration file.  The good news is that the kernel panic I ran into in
4.4R has been fixed and I can now boot using a TFTP only version of pxeboot.
  The bad news is that my project fit on a single floppy when built on 4.5R,
but now even without the huge dhcp client it no longer fits.  Oh well, I've
moved to a compact flash based system anyway so it's not an issue for me.

Thanks for the help Bob.