FW: Adding OpenBSD sudo to the FreeBSD base system?

Stephen Major smajor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:14:38 GMT 2005

I really do not agree with adding it to the base system.

Just because you guys use sudo does not mean other people do.
In fact many people do not have a use for sudo at all.
Not every one gives out root accounts. You are only adding another utility
In that can possibly be used to escalate privileges.
Every time I secure a system I spend some time removing files that are never
Needed and would not want people to access. So you are saying I would have
to add another one to the list?

Su works just fine for 60% of the people out there! Leave sudo in the ports.

You do not see a bunch of people asking to make apache part of the base
system. Really there is no difference in what you are asking. Just another
program that is not going to get used by everyone.