Login to FreeBSD

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:56:34 UTC 2021

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 10:58 AM Luiz Greff <luizgreff at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Dear Friends, Greetings!*
>
> I am Luiz Alberto Greff, from Guarulhos, São Paulo, Brazil, student of
> Computation Engineering of Univesp, São Paulo State Virtual University.
>
> For various reasons, even historical ones, and especially to attend my
> classes, I want to use the FreeBSD, because I know it's the better
> operating system.
>
> On 01Sep2021, I downloaded the following installation files from the
> FreeBSD website:
>
> *File Name                                                             File
> Size        Date*
> FreeBSD-13.0-Release-i386-disc1.iso                792469504    2021-Apr-09
> 06:58
> FreeBSD-13.0-Release-i386-memstick.img        872096256    2021-Apr-09
> 07:26
> https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/i386/i386/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/
>
> FreeBSD-13.0-Release-amd64-disc1.iso            971974656    2021-Apr-09
> 07:24
> FreeBSD-13.0-Release-amd64-memstick.img   1090900480   2021-Apr-09 07:53
> https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/
>
> With the SourceForge's Win32 Disk Imager v0.90, I installed
> *"FreeBSD-13.0-Release-i386-memstick.img"* on a flash drive, using a
> Pentium 4 / Win Xp-SP3 / 32-bit computer. With the flash drive I installed
> FreeBSD on a Hard Drive. All normal, until FreeBSD required Login /
> Password and rejected all login attempts. I tried everything. Where did I
> go wrong? How can I finally open the FreeBSD working screen?
>
> *Thank you very much for your attention and help,*
>
> Luiz Alberto Greff
> *Guarulhos - São Paulo - Brazil*
> *Luiz Alberto Greff  /  **Ciência e Tecnologia  /  *
> *Guarulhos-SP*

You are saying that "I am reaching for the  'Login / Password'  screen ." .

This means that installation is completed successfully .

Unfortunately , within the Handbook :

https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/
FreeBSD Handbook

I could not find any information about how to login to the starting FreeBSD
.

In the following manual  pages ,

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi
FreeBSD Manual Pages

( Please be careful about the phrase in the box  and in the URL of the
page  which should be
"manpath=FreeBSD+13.0-RELEASE+and+Ports"
conforming to the your FreeBSD version . )
)

 write

login

to the empty box at the left of  the "man" box and press enter .

You will see

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=login&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+13.0-RELEASE+and+Ports&arch=default&format=html

LOGIN(1)

Please , proceed from this page ...

My knowledge is so much to help you .

With my best wishes for all humanity ...

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk