Login to FreeBSD

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 07:55:28 UTC 2021

I am resending my message as a more informative email based on

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?f7176147-4965-0090-700c-9e5ca22a3fa6

*Date: *     Wed, 29 Sep 2021 09:58:39 +0100*From: *     Matthew
Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org>

Amended part is written inside the message .

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 11:55 AM Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <
m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 10:58 AM Luiz Greff <luizgreff at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> *Dear Friends, Greetings!*
>>
>> I am Luiz Alberto Greff, from Guarulhos, São Paulo, Brazil, student of
>> Computation Engineering of Univesp, São Paulo State Virtual University.
>>
>> For various reasons, even historical ones, and especially to attend my
>> classes, I want to use the FreeBSD, because I know it's the better
>> operating system.
>>
>> On 01Sep2021, I downloaded the following installation files from the
>> FreeBSD website:
>>
>> *File Name
>>  File
>> Size        Date*
>> FreeBSD-13.0-Release-i386-disc1.iso                792469504
>> 2021-Apr-09
>> 06:58
>> FreeBSD-13.0-Release-i386-memstick.img        872096256    2021-Apr-09
>> 07:26
>> https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/i386/i386/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/
>>
>> FreeBSD-13.0-Release-amd64-disc1.iso            971974656    2021-Apr-09
>> 07:24
>> FreeBSD-13.0-Release-amd64-memstick.img   1090900480   2021-Apr-09 07:53
>> https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/
>>
>> With the SourceForge's Win32 Disk Imager v0.90, I installed
>> *"FreeBSD-13.0-Release-i386-memstick.img"* on a flash drive, using a
>> Pentium 4 / Win Xp-SP3 / 32-bit computer. With the flash drive I installed
>> FreeBSD on a Hard Drive. All normal, until FreeBSD required Login /
>> Password and rejected all login attempts. I tried everything. Where did I
>> go wrong? How can I finally open the FreeBSD working screen?
>>
>> *Thank you very much for your attention and help,*
>>
>> Luiz Alberto Greff
>> *Guarulhos - São Paulo - Brazil*
>> *Luiz Alberto Greff  /  **Ciência e Tecnologia  /  *
>> *Guarulhos-SP*
>>

> You are saying that "I am reaching for the  'Login / Password'  screen ." .
>
> This means that installation is completed successfully .
>
> Unfortunately , within the Handbook :
>
> https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/
> FreeBSD Handbook
>
> I could not find any information about how to login to the starting
> FreeBSD .

Please check installation steps specified in the Handbook to determine
whether there is a missed part or erroneously
skipped part or unrecorded information such as passwords .
If there are such incorrect steps , correct your installation ( if possible
) or reinstall the image correctly once more .