OS to replace FreeBSD

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Mar 20 17:23:54 UTC 2021

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 02:38:49 -0600, @lbutlr stated:
>As I understand it, the controller was always broken (returning an
>invalid and illegal ID?) it's just that FreeBSD tried to properly
>parse that ID and fails. Who know, there are probably security
>considerations. I know I do not want my system rusting a errant USB
>port considering the security disater that USB is.

Can you provide verifiable proof of that statement relating to the know
defect in the USB controller? I had a Dell technician online a few
minutes ago, and he claimed that there was no such defect known to
exist in that unit. If you could provide me verifiable proof that the
controller was defective, I could make a case for them to replace it.
There counter was that Free BSD created a bug when they moved to version
12.x and it is not Dell's problem to correct it. His statement made
sense since versions <= 11.x do work correctly.

--
Jerry