Where can I get libjpeg? - problem with mozjpeg

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 07:32:32 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 11:17 PM Bernard T. Higonnet <bthcom at higonnet.net>
wrote:

> I am running 12.2-RELEASE-p3 GENERIC  amd64, my applications are all
> installed using pkg.
>
> Many applications will not start because I am missing libjpeg.so.8. I am
> able to find libjpeg.turbo but installing either (or both) of
> jpeg-turbo-2 and libjpeg-turbo-2 do not help.
>
> One bizarre particularity of my system is that if I do
>
> pkg install mozjpeg
>
> it comes back and tells me it will delete just about every package I
> have installed and will not attempt to re-install them:
>
> Number of packages to be removed: 207
> Number of packages to be installed: 1
> Number of packages to be reinstalled: 1
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Bernard Higonnet

I believe you want "pkg install graphics/jpeg-turbo". Do not put the "-2"
onto it. If you already have a version of jpeg-turbo installed, "pkg
upgrade jpeg-turbo". I am baffled as to why mozturbo wants to delete 207
ports, but deleting a port that you want to replace is done with the -f
switch. It's best to make sure all libraries are available with "pkg check
-B" and "pkg check -d" to confirm that all required libraries and
dependencies are present.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com
PGP Fingerprint: D03FB98AFA78E3B78C1694B318AB39EF1B055683d