Where can I get libjpeg? - problem with mozjpeg

Bernard T. Higonnet bthcom at higonnet.net
Sun Mar 14 07:17:45 UTC 2021

I am running 12.2-RELEASE-p3 GENERIC  amd64, my applications are all
installed using pkg.

Many applications will not start because I am missing libjpeg.so.8. I am
able to find libjpeg.turbo but installing either (or both) of
jpeg-turbo-2 and libjpeg-turbo-2 do not help.

One bizarre particularity of my system is that if I do

pkg install mozjpeg

it comes back and tells me it will delete just about every package I
have installed and will not attempt to re-install them:

Number of packages to be removed: 207
Number of packages to be installed: 1
Number of packages to be reinstalled: 1

Any help appreciated.