FreeBSD

Ralf Mardorf ralf-mardorf at riseup.net
Sun Jul 18 13:25:21 UTC 2021

On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 13:38:26 +0100, Graham Perrin wrote:
>Things such as GhostBSD are not parasitical, please see (for example):
>
><https://freebsdfoundation.org/freebsd-project/what-is-freebsd/>
>
>– I'll request addition of NomadBSD.

Hi zeke,

for testing purpose I recommend starting with NomadBSD.

https://www.nomadbsd.org/handbook/handbook.html#installation describes
how to use an USB memory stick, or how to install it on a
hard disk or how running it in Virtualbox.

This is something you at least must read and when you decide to use
FreeBSD, you at least also need to learn how to backup data. If that's
to much effort, you should stay away from FreeBSD or Linux.

For what purpose/s do you want to use FreeBSD? Note, in the first place
I used FLOSS operating systems and way later I migrated to a proprietary
bitten into fruit operating system for some purposes.

Regards,
Ralf