laptops

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Fri Feb 19 08:24:18 UTC 2021

Hi,

Am 16.02.21 um 19:42 schrieb LuMiWa via freebsd-questions:

> I did search FreeBSD Wiki/laptops but I didn't find the answer. I like
> to buy Thinkpad W541 or W550s (prefer W541) but I am not sure if will
> work on FreeBSD. I want it to connect external monitor which going
> through Nvidia graphics card which Optimus driver supposed it works on
> FreeBSD 13. I found that installation works on W520 and 530.

I've been using quite a number of Thinkpads and among them is a T520
with optimus hybrid graphics. With this model the docking station with
external monitors or an additional monitor without docking station never
worked exept with MS Windows. This was a real PITA for me...

So if I had the choice I would never ever buy an optimus system again.

cu,
Uwe