Suggested upgrade for a GeForce GT 450

Paul Procacci pprocacci at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 08:46:06 UTC 2021

I stopped trying to use emulation long ago.  It never worked right.
Ok, that's actually an overstatement.
It worked sometimes.
Compile something simple w/ nvcc and if it was simple enough, sure it would
work.  Try something a bit more complex, you were sh*t out of luck.

Tell ya what, I still have my GTX in my machine doing nothing:

# pciconf -vl | fgrep -iA 2 -B 1 GTX
    vendor     = 'NVIDIA Corporation'
    device     = 'GM206 [GeForce GTX 950]'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

I'll go through the motions of getting the GPU offloading w/ the emulation
layer working and if it does, I'll eat my words.  ;)

~Paul