Suggested upgrade for a GeForce GT 450

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 07:46:28 UTC 2021

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 2:27 AM Paul Procacci <pprocacci at gmail.com> wrote:

> I post how I like.  If you don't like it, you're free to not respond and
> ignore my messages.
> If you can't follow, that's on you.
>
> No, the support with linux emulation is extremely limited.  It's not
> usable in the least.
> If you plan on using CUDA, use Linux.

Name one such limitation because in 25+ years of using FreeBSD and linux
emulation I have never found a serious difference between what can be done
in emulation vs. what can be done on an actual linux host (except for cases
where the program in question wanted a newer kernel then the one being
emulated but since CUDA has been around for a while now this is a
non-issue).   I even found a few workarounds posted on the net on how to
get the nVidia driver to support CUDA natively (none of them official but
they still exist).   So I will ask again if it can be made to work in any
way at all (even if a told hack) then it is incorrect to say CUDA is not
possible with nVidia on FreeBSD (yes very hard but not impossible).