fresh server sendmail or postfix / webmail.

Marwan Sultan dead_line at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:44:49 UTC 2020

Dear FreeBSDer,

Good day/evening.

I have up and running mail server with some web apps, server running since many years back until today (7-Release, 🙂 ) its time to move to a new server! thank you freebsd!

for the new server:
1.
is it really important to change MTA to postfix or any other MTA than sendmail ?
or send mail is enough. (my existing old server is on sendmail) its a Mail server !

if yes,  is installing postfix from /ports enough?

2.
any recommendation for a webmail ? (maybe roundcube) ?
(on my old server openwebmail works great! but unfortunately, its outdated)

thank you very much in advance

  *   Marwan.