Firefox memory usage

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 9 00:01:10 UTC 2020

> On Nov 8, 2020, at 4:46 PM, Tomasz CEDRO <tomek at cedro.info> wrote:
>
> yuupp i even close it quite often and clean up tabs but my Atari was faster
> :-(
>
> welcome to the brave new world where first better website is probably more
> complex (in terms of frameworks and dependencies and memory footprint) than
> the OS itself ;-)

<rant>

The worst parts about today’s websites is: they are not self-sufficient. You go the a website and your browser goes to up to a dozen different places collecting some scripts from one, some images from another, some …. you name it. Not to mention mighty bog brother google (“analytics”)...

</rant>

In the past it was considered a bad practice to force browser of your visitor go to some places outside of your website/ URL /domain.

Valeri