Why is rufus not available under FreeBSD ?

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 28 15:48:39 UTC 2020

> On Jan 28, 2020, at 9:43 AM, Kevin P. Neal <kpn at neutralgood.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 03:37:50PM +0000, Manish Jain wrote:
>> I was wondering why Rufus is not available under FreeBSD. I think it is
>> one of the most useful applications I have ever come across.
>
> I kinda hate to say it, but I'm going to go with "because nobody has stepped
> up to do the work" as the reason. That's my guess. It could be done by
> anyone with motivation and sufficient skill and then submitted as a bug
> report to be added to the ports tree.

I was going to give two versions of answer. One is polite one as Kevin gave. The other one is rude one (note, that that answer was supposed to be addressed to OP, not to Kevin):

because YOU, Manish, didn’t take burden of porting and maintaining it as a package for FreeBSD.

Valeri

> --
> Kevin P. Neal                                http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/
>
> "What is mathematics? The age-old answer is, of course, that mathematics
> is what mathematicians do." - Donald Knuth

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago
Phone: 773-702-4247