Why is rufus not available under FreeBSD ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 28 15:37:53 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I had to update my BIOS a couple of days back, and for that I needed a
bootable DOS USB pen drive. The only way to get this, I believe, is
Rufus - which is Open Source and is available under Linux.

sysutils/unetbootin should be able to do the job, but simply does not work.

I was wondering why Rufus is not available under FreeBSD. I think it is
one of the most useful applications I have ever come across.

Thanks for any inputs.
Manish Jain