Why is rufus not available under FreeBSD ?

Evilham contact at evilham.com
Tue Jan 28 16:25:53 UTC 2020

On dt., gen. 28 2020, Manish Jain wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had to update my BIOS a couple of days back, and for that I
> needed a
> bootable DOS USB pen drive. The only way to get this, I believe,
> is
> Rufus - which is Open Source and is available under Linux.
>
> sysutils/unetbootin should be able to do the job, but simply
> does not work.
>
> I was wondering why Rufus is not available under FreeBSD. I
> think it is
> one of the most useful applications I have ever come across.
>
> Thanks for any inputs.
> Manish Jain

This rufus?

https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/wiki/FAQ#do-you-plan-to-port-rufus-to-linuxmac-ossome-other-os

I have used it on Windows at some point and yeah, it's handy; but
the author makes a point of it being OSS but heavily dependent on
Windows' APIs.
So, I am really not aware of it being available for Linux either.
--
Evilham