thunderbird in German?

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Wed Jul 31 03:31:10 UTC 2019

Polytropon writes:

>  > After installing and enabling a German language pack as an addon
>  > (not to be confused with a German dictionary (which is also
>  > installed for just in case)), the GUI still remains in English.
>
>  Those add-ons don't seem to work anymore. Version mismatch
>  combined with improper or missing signing (same trouble as
>  in FF). It seems they aren't needed anymore.

	It is my understanding that:

	a) sometime back, Mozilla did a major overhaul/upgrade of the
		interface between Firefox and addons.  As a result, all
		third-party add-ons and many Firefox-provided add-ons
		stopped working.
	b) some of the add-ons (e.g. AdBlock) were rebuilt to the new
		spec; many were not, including my personal must-have PrefBar.

	Whether this affects the OP's specific case is above my pay
grade.

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff