thunderbird in German?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jul 31 20:52:01 UTC 2019

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 23:31:07 -0400, Robert Huff wrote:

> Polytropon writes:
>
> >  > After installing and enabling a German language pack as an addon
> >  > (not to be confused with a German dictionary (which is also
> >  > installed for just in case)), the GUI still remains in English.
> >
> >  Those add-ons don't seem to work anymore. Version mismatch
> >  combined with improper or missing signing (same trouble as
> >  in FF). It seems they aren't needed anymore.
>
> 	It is my understanding that:
>
> 	a) sometime back, Mozilla did a major overhaul/upgrade of the
> 		interface between Firefox and addons.  As a result, all
> 		third-party add-ons and many Firefox-provided add-ons
> 		stopped working.
> 	b) some of the add-ons (e.g. AdBlock) were rebuilt to the new
> 		spec; many were not, including my personal must-have PrefBar.

Yes, that probably is the case. Luckily (and thanks to search
engines) I was able to find out how to change the interface
language _now_. :-)

Sidenote:

Among the affected add-ons weren't just the german language packs,
but also an "interface locale changer" add-on where you could change
the interface language easily. Now this functionality is part of
Firefox, but you need to explore _how_ it works, to prevent the
disappointment of not being able to change the interface language.
I think the same applies for Thunderbird.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany