AMDGPU RX580 OpenCL

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Sat Jan 5 07:24:33 UTC 2019

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 00:34:48 +0100
Tomasz CEDRO <tomek at cedro.info> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 8:01 AM Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> >         Do you not get this in Xorg.0.log ?
> >
> > [    45.939] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen
> > of /usr/local/lib/dri/amdgpu_dri.so failed (Cannot open
> > "/usr/local/lib/dri/amdgpu_dri.so")
> >
> >         If not what did you do to prevent it ?
>
> Hello Steve! I hope Greg's hints helped you out - its just matter of

	Yes they did thank you, in the end deleting xorg.conf made it all
happy which surprised me since it was all about displays and layout, xrandr
gets the job done anyway so it was redundant.

> installing graphics/amdgpu and proper dri kernel driver - I am
> building/using latest ones from port tree.

	Yes I had to build drm-kmod and mesa-dri from ports to get
everything working (the package lacks the radeonsi vpdau drivers). Well I
say everything, I haven't tried openCL just openGL.

> Btw - most of the time AMDGPU does not produce the usable workstation
> setup - loading amdgpu from boot.loader does not work (cannot load
> firmware because / is not yet mounted) and loading it from rc.conf
> makes my screen unusable - this is why I am using SCFB for X11 for now
> and just play with AMDGPU from shell (also using SSH)..

	Hmm all that works fine for me (AMD A9 laptop), as soon as amdgpu
cuts in it starts mirroring to HDMI until X gets involved and separates the
displays again.

C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun