Starting ntpd in a jail

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri Sep 28 13:51:52 UTC 2018

Hello.

I'm trying to run ntpd in a jail.
Before someone points out it won't be able to set time, that's ok :) I
just want other clients to be able to synchronize with it.

I can manually "service ntpd start" and it will happily work, but it
won't start at boot (or if I restart the jail).

Running "rcorder /etc/rc.d/ntpd" gives the same result in the jail as in
base (where ntpd starts correctly):
> rcorder: file `/etc/rc.d/ntpd' is before unknown provision `LOGIN'
> rcorder: requirement `devfs' in file `/etc/rc.d/ntpd' has no providers.
> rcorder: requirement `FILESYSTEMS' in file `/etc/rc.d/ntpd' has no providers.
> rcorder: requirement `ntpdate' in file `/etc/rc.d/ntpd' has no providers.
> rcorder: requirement `DAEMON' in file `/etc/rc.d/ntpd' has no providers.

Any hint?

  bye & Thanks
	av.