File fransfer from iPad to FreeBSD

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Feb 16 10:26:01 UTC 2018

El día Friday, February 16, 2018 a las 10:47:03AM +0100, Polytropon escribió:

> I also fully understand that Apple doesn't want me to be able
> to easily transfer files from (or to) the iPad except with
> their tools, but I don't care what Apple wants. That's why
> the "recommended solutions" don't work for me because:
>
> 1. I won't buy a Mac.
>
> 2. I won't buy a new PC plus a license of "Windows".
>
> 3. I won't give out any personal identification information
>    to Apple or MICROS~1 in order to "register".
>
> 4. I won't register at a "cloud" storage provider.
>
> So please no suggestions to "just" use iTunes.

My suggestion:

Don't use an iPhone. Use an OpenSource mobile like UPports running
Ubuntu, see https://forums.ubports.com/ , or Purism's librem-5, see
https://puri.sm/posts/librem5-progress-report-4/

I have the first one since 2015 (and you just SSH into it) and ordered
the 2nd one too.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  📱 +49-176-38902045