The recommended LaTeX port?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Aug 20 09:41:52 UTC 2018

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 16:12:06 +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Norman Gray wrote:
> > [...]
> > than I think you'd be best using XeTeX or
> > LuaTeX, and restraining yourself from doing anything fancy with fonts.
>
> Thanks for the insight, Norman!
>
> Are XeTeX and LuaTeX also in the FreeBSD ports collection? I've just
> installed print/texlive-full, are they part thereof?

Yes, those are included in the TeXLive default installation,
if I remember correctly. Even though they can be used (because
they have native Unicode / UTF-8 support), regular LaTeX
(in this case, pdflatex, the most common form) can process
cyrillic input as explained in my previous message (with
example). This is helpful for online services which do not
offer access to LuaTeX or xeTeX.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany