openssl problem

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Tue Oct 24 14:16:05 UTC 2017

> On 24 Oct, 2017, at 8:00, Ernie Luzar <luzar722 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I do "pkg install openssl" that works ok.
>
> But from that point I get 2 different messages at port make time depending on the port being installed.
>
> /usr/ports/sysutils/qjail >make install clean
> /!\ WARNING /!\
>
> You have security/openssl installed but do not have
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl set in your make.conf
>
> Which stops if I add DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl to /etc/make.conf
>

> Get this error all the time, even with /etc/make.com populated with DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl
>
> /usr/ports/www/links >make install clean
> make: "/usr/ports/Mk/Uses/ssl.mk" line 77: You are using
> an unsupported SSL provider openssl
>
> I see this needing 2 solutions.
>
> 1. The openssl port needs to be changes so it populates /etc/make.conf with DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl

That is unlikely ever to happen. The workflow isn't "install openssl, make.conf is updated", it's "make.conf is updated (by you), now when you install things openssl is brought in automatically." No port should ever be touching things in /etc without a tremendously good reason.

> 2. The /usr/ports/Mk/Uses/ssl.mk" line 77 needs to be changed to resolve this bogus error message.

I'm not sure how you're getting this message, as openssl is definitely a valid value. Is this on quarterly or HEAD? How old is your ports tree? What else is in your make.conf?

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at adamw.org