pkg missing dependency question

DTD doug at safeport.com
Thu Jul 6 07:52:39 UTC 2017

I had a lot of issues with firefox. It turns out that in the current setup I
could have just updated the offending package without breaking anything else. I
had no confidence in this until I did a from scratch install doing xorg, xdm,
firefox and xfce. Done in that order it all works. Since I had nothing invested
in the new system I installed libreoffice, gimp and chrome next.

Both libreoffice and gimp warn that they will replace some packages and update
others. I think firefox should add this to their package. Since all this worked
I decided to install libreoffice and gimp on my workstation. The libreoffice
install deleted thunderbird and updated firefox, replaced a few packages and
updated others. It worked so I installed gimp with similar results. It too
worked. At the end of this firefox gave my original sqlite3 error. Updating
sqlite3 fixed this. Chrome did not work but re-installing fixed that.

All that history to explain what I do not understand. In installing chrome I got
errors about missing dependencies but it works. Running 'pkg check' on the
updated system gives:

artemis:/home/doug# pkg check -d  -a
Checking all packages: 100%
firefox has a missing dependency: libGL
libva has a missing dependency: libGL
tigervnc has a missing dependency: libGL
webkit2-gtk3 has a missing dependency: libGL
webkit2-gtk3 has a missing dependency: libEGL
webkit2-gtk3 is missing a required shared library: libwebp.so.6
xdriinfo has a missing dependency: libGL
xorg-server has a missing dependency: libGL
xorg-server has a missing dependency: gbm

>>> Missing package dependencies were detected.
>>> Found 3 issue(s) in the package database.

pkg: No packages available to install matching 'libGL' have been found in the
repositories
>>> Summary of actions performed:

libGL dependency failed to be fixed
libEGL dependency failed to be fixed
gbm dependency failed to be fixed

>>> There are still missing dependencies.
>>> Try fixing them manually.

>>> Also make sure to check 'pkg updating' for known issues.

On the from scratch system 'pkg check' shows no errors. Doing
'pkg info -x libGL' on both systems gives:

libGLU-9.0.0_3
libglade2-2.6.4_8
libgltf-0.0.2_6

On the updated system everything works except gnumeric (I have not re-installed)
and a note-pad program (xpad) does not highlight selected text. That is the same
on both systems.

What and how should I fix things manually?

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug at safeport.com