Bhyve on freebsd11

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:08:31 UTC 2016

On 10/28/16 18:01, Olaoluwa Omokanwaiye wrote:
> Thank you, my system is an i386 HP pavilion laptop.

I do not think vmm is available for i386. Using that laptop to run a vm
in FreeBSD 11 is like trying to outrun an aeroplane with a bicycle.

You need modern hardware (amd64 CPU + board made in 2012+) and decent
amount of RAM (4 GB+ ideally) to run a vm.

I don't how far you far you can progress with the current hardware. If
you must, try VirtualBox : that might let you set up a vm with pure
software rendering.

Regards
Manish Jain