Bhyve on freebsd11

Olaoluwa Omokanwaiye laoluomoks at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:13:28 UTC 2016

I do not think vmm is available for i386. Using that laptop to run a vm
in FreeBSD 11 is like trying to outrun an aeroplane with a bicycle.

Lol, thanks for this analogy, even though it's an i386 4gb ram laptop.
Thanks again.

I don't how far you far you can progress with the current hardware. If
you must, try VirtualBox : that might let you set up a vm with pure
software rendering.

I guess I will have to stick with virtualbox then. I just wanted to run it
from the CLI without having to run it on GUI.
I know vbox can be run on Linux servers with CLI alone. Can i do the same
on my free BSD and of so, have you got steps?

Thanks
Ola

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE)

On 28 Oct 2016 2:07 p.m., "Manish Jain" <bourne.identity at hotmail.com> wrote:

On 10/28/16 18:01, Olaoluwa Omokanwaiye wrote:
> Thank you, my system is an i386 HP pavilion laptop.

I do not think vmm is available for i386. Using that laptop to run a vm
in FreeBSD 11 is like trying to outrun an aeroplane with a bicycle.

You need modern hardware (amd64 CPU + board made in 2012+) and decent
amount of RAM (4 GB+ ideally) to run a vm.

I don't how far you far you can progress with the current hardware. If
you must, try VirtualBox : that might let you set up a vm with pure
software rendering.

Regards
Manish Jain