KDE panel , how to remove widgets?

Brandon J. Wandersee brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:12:39 UTC 2016

Dutch Ingraham writes:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 01:54:43PM -0500, Brandon J. Wandersee wrote:
>>
>> ::  Brandon J. Wandersee
>> ::  brandon.wandersee at gmail.com
>> ::  --------------------------------------------------
>> ::  'The best design is as little design as possible.'
>> ::  --- Dieter Rams ----------------------------------
>> Matthias Apitz writes:
>>
>> > Do you (or someone) knows how to tweak the KDE4 pannel, desktop app icons,
>> > features ... by editing config files or using command line stuff? This
>> > would it make more easier to setup your desktop after new installation.
>>
>> There is no such thing. KDE is configured entirely through graphical
>> interfaces. Virtually no KDE applications have command-line options, and
>> I don't recall ever seeing a KDE applications with a man page.
>

> It may be different on freebsd, but on my linux installation I have the
> following manpages that have "kde" in the name:

Sorry, I meant Plasma and its different interface components---things
like panels, KRunner, etc. Although I seem to recall that some major
applications like Konsole don't have man pages either.

I'm sure there are various text configuration files for KDE applications
and components---I shouldn't say otherwise---but then there are dozens
of components that make up the basic KDE desktop, as well, and KDE is
insanely customizable. The only central configuration is the graphical
"System Settings" interface, and trying to configure things like desktop
panel and menu contents, Dolphin panel arrangements, global keybindings,
or widget placement by hand would be a infeasible.

--

::  Brandon J. Wandersee
::  brandon.wandersee at gmail.com