KDE panel , how to remove widgets?

wa5qjh wa5qjh at xmission.com
Sun Jul 24 12:35:06 UTC 2016

Thanks all who replied. much appreciated.
turns out unlocking the panel and moving the cursor over an icon had
very little effect, tho  I was able to kill off a few icons that way.
And there was no offer or ability to delete  nor move an icon.
I found out that my panel bar was unlocked all this time which had
premitted things to get corrupted. I had left it unlocked to facilitate
adding widgets.  guess that got out of hand.  it's locked now.
The way I had the best luck was to add another panel, specifically a
'default' panel which went to  the top of my screen. I then deleted my
original panel,followed by creating a third panel with the menus now at
the top, followed by deleting the panel at the top. I also  just checked
and on my 10.3 system I was not able to either move nor delete any of
the icons in  the manner that has been suggested here.
I also had to unlock  the panel to resize it a little bit.
Seems a long way to go but the add default panel option really worked
good. I was then able to populate  the new panel with a few items like
konsole, thrunderbird, and skype then  lock  it. seems crude but it
worked great for me so I wanted to pass the info back.

Gary Corell
 Experience keeps a dear school but a fool will learn in no other.
 Ben Franklin's Poor Richard's Almananc