Unexpected dependencies of graphics/libGL

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Jan 18 22:02:32 UTC 2016

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:12:35 -0500, kpneal at pobox.com wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 10:02:47PM +0100, Polytropon wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 16:20:18 +0000, Luís Fernando Schultz Xavier da Silveira wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > To me, using ports is a must.
> >
> > Okay, so pkg is not an option here.
>
> I swear by Poudriere. It does all the builds in jails and then presents
> a package repository understood by pkg. This gets me packages and all the
> R-deps but I never have to install any of the B-deps.

As soon as you're going to build from source and have non-default
options (which usually is the main reason not to use precompiled
packages), using Poudriere is a very comfortable solution. If this
results in a libGL package not requiring the installation of Git
as a dependency, the problem is solved. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany