Unexpected dependencies of graphics/libGL

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Jan 17 21:02:58 UTC 2016

On Sun, 17 Jan 2016 16:20:18 +0000, Luís Fernando Schultz Xavier da Silveira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To me, using ports is a must.

Okay, so pkg is not an option here.

> What I have been doing is not updating the offending ports.
> This is not only annoying but also not a proper solution.
> I think I will send an email to the maintainer of the port.

I think this is a good idea. The port maintainer should differentiate
more precisely between B-Deps and R-Deps, and when dependencies aren't
needed for actually running the program, they shouldn't be there in
the first place. Selectable port options are a comfortable way to deal
with this problem.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany