help with making DVD install disc.. 11

al plant noc at hdk5.net
Sat Jan 16 00:19:08 UTC 2016

kpneal at pobox.com wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 09:43:45AM -1000, al plant wrote:
>
>> Aloha and Thanks Ian,
>>

> Aloha!
>

>> I got Fiber optic service here on island last year and had to change
>> some of my  boxes to work with the new network.
>>

> I'm a little jealous. I wish I had fiber service. Maybe Google will
> rescue me.
>

>> Maybe  I have to wait untill the FreeBSD 11 RELEASE comes out. I get big
>> media and in out errors when I try to create CD or DVD.
>>
>> Any ideas appreciated.
>>

> I don't know what "big media and in out errors" means. Is that two
> different errors? What program prints out these errors?

Aloha,

I think the FreeBSD os doesn't like the way the DVD  or  CD recorders
read the notation.I suspect hardware. Could  be  size of media. in/out
errors I think means hardware failed too.

I was able to get One DVD to record with out errors.   But when you go
to play it to install there is an error comes up on the screen of that
new , hope to be,  install Box.

The only version I have on my 2 working desktops is FreeBD 8 CURRENT.

I hope someone on the list has an idea how to fix it.

        ~ Al Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii - Phone: 808-284-2740 ~
                 Supporting FreeBSD - UNIX Computer O/S
              email: noc at hdk5.net  email: alplant.att.net
."All that's really worth doing is what we do for others" - Lewis Carrol