ssl certificate

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Dec 19 16:05:45 UTC 2016

>>Exactly like the root DNS servers. Do you have problems with those?
>
>No, not exactly. DNS root servers are paid for via domain fees (ICANN).

Misinformation like this is not helpful.

ICANN runs the L root.  The other 12 are run by other organizations on
essentially a handshake basis, with no money changing hands.

>So when I find free domain registration service for my domains it will be
>just like LE, but until then...  ya, I have a problem, I want it free!

You might enjoy .tk.  Domains are free, $0.

In the meantime, sensible people are all getting their certs from
Let's Encrypt.

R's,
John