mouse problems on Lumina

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Aug 30 22:45:53 UTC 2016

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:16:14 -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > I did not have it in /etc/rc.conf, but in some sites, they recommend
> > it along with dbus_enable="YES".  I added it to see if it made a
> > difference, but I will remove it again.

> >> That cursor shape is a typical text field (input area) cursor.
> >>
> >> Otherwise, you could try using X terminals instead of switching
> >> to the text mode virtual terminals. (If I read your question
> >> correctly, you're refering to switching "out of" and "back to" X;
> >> if this problem concerns switching between xterms and Firefox...
> >> well, that would really be strange.)
> >>

> > I am logged in to X with lumina desktop and using xterm, xterminal.  I
> > want to switch back to firefox and lose that ability.  The mouse
> > pointer becomes like a capital i, If I log out of terminal(xterm) I
> > get the mouse back if there are no more xterminals open.  Otherwise I
> > have to close them out.
> >

> I have removed moused_enable="YES" and hald_enable="YES" as well from
> /etc/rc.conf.  I get working mouse but cannot switch from firefox to
> xterm, I have to quit firefox and then quit xterm and then get back to
> firefox.

What about the usually supported Alt+Tab key combination?
More and more, it looks like a window manager issue...

> I want to copy from xterm and paste in browser, I am unable
> to switch left and right click on the mouse do not work(respond).

You should be able to select text by holding down the left mouse
button, or use left click for selection beginning and right click
for selection end; the middle button (mice with wheels: press
down the wheel) should copy the selected text to the position
of the cursor.

> used to be able to do this before.  How can I troubleshoot the mouse?

As I said, I suspect a window manager problem here (Lumina in
your case), so you could direct a problem report toward them.
Honestly, I've never experienced what you're currently seeing,
so I'm almost out of ideas...

> or do I just get a ps2 mouse and use it and see if I can switch
> between apps with it?

YOu could try that (and make sure you have moused configured for
the PS/2 mouse, because this doesn't happen automatically).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany